Right for you if:
- You're looking to protect your vehicle and want comprehensive coverage options to suit your needs
- You want affordable coverage for a broad range of vehicles
Why you need Auto Insurance
The main purpose of auto insurance is to protect you in the event of an accident, whether or not you're responsible. In Canada, certain coverages are mandatory for all drivers. If you drive without basic insurance and are stopped by the police, you'll be fined. Also, if you have an accident and damage someone else's property or injure someone, you'll have to pay for the damage yourself.
Coverage adapted to your needs
Scotia Auto Insurance offers you coverage to protect your vehicle. In addition, you're automatically protected against damage for which you may be held responsible, thanks to liability coverage. This coverage protects you if:
- you damage someone's personal property
- someone is injured or passes away in an accident
Depending on your province of residence, by law, you're required to have a minimum liability insurance limit. However, most people opt for $1 million or $2 million. In addition to the minimum coverage required in each province, you can customize your insurance to suit your needs by adding or removing optional coverages.
Switch at your convenience
We realize you may have existing coverage. However, let us explain the benefits you'll receive by switching your coverage to Scotia Auto Insurance. Call us at 1-866-989-4742 to learn more about how we can help.
Scotia Auto Insurance also offers optional coverages to give you greater flexibility.
- $0 deductible* - In the event of a claim, pay no deductible for such claims as theft, vandalism or at-fault accidents
- Guaranteed repairs* - In the event of an accident, we can arrange for your vehicle to be repaired through one of our approved service providers, and the repairs are guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle
- Rental replacement - Ensure you have access to a replacement vehicle while your vehicle is being repaired as a result of a claim
- Hybrid vehicles - Take advantage of additional savings for your hybrid vehicle
- Non-Owner coverage - Ensure you are covered for damage when you're driving a rental or borrowed vehicle
- College or university students - Students living away from home may be entitled to additional savings
Want more than basic coverage but find full coverage is too much? We have the solution – personalized insurance products tailored to meet your individual needs.
Convenient payment options
Take advantage of our convenient payment options, including monthly or annual credit card payments or monthly pre-authorized withdrawals from your chequing account with no fees or interest charges.
If your policy is not up for renewal yet, simply provide us with your expiry date. We'll remind you before your current policy expires and provide you with a competitive quote. Let us help ensure you have the information you need to make the best coverage decisions.
To provide us with your policy expiry date, complete our Renewal Date Form or call 1-866-989-4742.
Submit a claim
24/7 emergency claims assistance
Should you have to face the unexpected, you can contact us any time - day or night. We will be there to help you - getting your life back to normal as soon as possible by handling claims quickly and efficiently and providing important assistance during emergency situations. You can call us toll free from anywhere in North America.
24 Hour Emergency Service 1-866-989-4746
Ready to apply
Sales, Service, Billing
Call toll-free1-866-989-4742 Mon-Fri (8am-8pm ET)
Sat (8am-4pm ET)
24 Hour Emergency Service1-866-989-4746
- *Certain conditions apply Read More
- Scotia Home & Auto Insurance is distributed by Scotia Insurance Agency Inc. and is underwritten by the following:
- Certas Direct Insurance Company or Certas Home and Auto Insurance Company in Ontario
- The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec
- The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories
- Scotia Auto Insurance is not available in Manitoba, Saskatchewan or British Columbia due to government operated insurance programs in those provinces.
- Scotia Home & Auto Insurance is subject to certain limitations, restrictions and exclusions.