Right for you if:
- You wish to protect your home, condominium
or personal property - whether you rent or own
- You want to ensure you get the right coverage for your individual needs
- Simple Self Serve
- Just log on and you can easily
- View your insurance policy
- Request insurance documents
- Express Service
- Get what you need without logging on:
- Change your address
- Request insurance documents
Scotia Home Insurance will help protect you against risks that have the highest probability of occurring, such as fire, water, theft and other types of property damage, whether you rent or own.
Liability coverage protects you against bodily injury and property damage you may accidentally cause another person. Most policyholders opt for $1 million in liability insurance coverage. You may increase this amount up to $5 million under certain conditions
- Blanket insurance
In the event of a claim, this coverage enables you to allocate coverage however best suits your needs, between your building, your detached private structures, your contents and additional living expenses
- Identity theft assistance
This feature is included with all Scotia Home Insurance policies at no additional cost. It provides access to a team of assistance coordinators, certified lawyers, and mental health professionals who inform and support you through the process of restoring your personal credit reputation
- Property damage coverage
If you're a homeowner, property damage coverage protects your residence, outbuildings (garage, shed, etc.), and personal belongings against most accidental damage (fire, theft, vandalism, water, etc.) If you're a tenant, it protects your personal property
A variety of coverage options to help ensure your individual needs are met
Escape of fuel oil*
In addition to covering your personal belongings in the event of a fuel oil leak or spill, this option covers:
- Soil decontamination - up to $100,000
- Legal liability - up to $100,000
Your basic policy covers you against accidental water damage in the house.
For example, it protects you in case of leaks caused by:
- Electric household appliances, such as a dishwasher
- Plumbing problems, such as a burst pipe
You can add optional water damage coverage to your policy to protect you against:
- Water damage caused by rain or snow seepage through the roof or walls
- Sewer back-up and seepage of surface or ground water
- Overland flood
Valuable articles coverage
Protect the things that are important to you, including high-value items such as jewellery, fine art and other collectibles you may have
Secondary premises coverage
Coverage is also available for cottages, mobile homes, rental properties, secondary residences and watercraft
Above ground pool and outdoor in-ground pool, hot tub, spa, and sauna
Protect your outdoor above-ground or in-ground pool, spa and sauna. Frost and the weight of ice and snow are just some of the threats that can damage your pool or spa. You can add extra coverage to your basic insurance to protect:
- Your outdoor above-ground pool, including equipment, accessories and attached patios that are not connected to the house
- Your in-ground pool or spa, including equipment, accessories and attached patios that are not connected to the house
Personalize your insurance policy
Basic coverage is included in your policy, but you can change certain elements. For example, you could increase your deductible to reduce your premium, or change your legal liability amount.
Convenient payment options
Take advantage of our convenient payment options, including monthly or annual credit card payments or monthly preauthorized withdrawals from your chequing account with no fees or interest charges.
If your policy is not up for renewal yet, simply provide us with your expiry date. We'll remind you before your current policy expires and provide you with a competitive quote. Let us help ensure you have the information you need to make the best coverage decisions, or call 1-866-989-4742
To provide us with your policy expiry date, complete our Renewal Date Form.
Switch at your convenience
We realize you may have existing coverage. However, let us explain the benefits you'll receive by switching your coverage to Scotia Home Insurance.
Submit a claim
24/7 emergency claims assistance
Should you have to face the unexpected, you can contact us any time - day or night. We will help you get your life back to normal as soon as possible by handling claims quickly and efficiently and providing important assistance during emergency situations. You can call us toll free from anywhere in North America.
24 Hour Emergency Service 1-866-989-4746
Ready to apply
Sales, Service, Billing
Call toll-free1-866-989-4742 Mon-Fri (8am-8pm ET)
Sat (8am-4pm ET)
Emergency claims assistance1-866-989-4746 24 hours a day
7 days a week
Manage your policyLog-in
- Scotia Home & Auto Insurance is distributed by BNS Insurance Agency Inc. and is underwritten by the following:
- Certas Direct Insurance Company in Ontario
- The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec
- The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories
- Scotia Home & Auto Insurance is subject to certain conditions, limitations, and exclusions.